- 2021 Road and Utility Reconstruction Project
2021 Road and Utility Reconstruction Project
The 2021 Road and Utility Reconstruction Project includes the following work:
- Replacement of the water main along Regent Road between Bradley Road and Dean Road, including each of the three courts, or horseshoes.
- Replacement of the water main on the private road section of Goodrich Lane (1400 block).
- Replacement of the water main valves and hydrants on Santa Monica Boulevard between School Road and Yates Road.
- Regrading of the ditches along Regent Road and Santa Monica Boulevard, replacement of driveway and road crossing culvert pipes, and installation of buried storm sewer pipes to eliminate steep and deep ditches.
- Incorporation of green infrastructure improvements including a bioretention facility at Acacia and Santa Monica and a bioswale within the interior of Regent Court No. 3.
- Replacement of the roads on Regent Road and Santa Monica Boulevard and patching of the road on Goodrich Lane (the areas impacted by water main construction).
- Restoration of disturbed areas.
Work on the project will begin the week of May 17 on Regent Road and at any point in time there may be two contractors working on the project – the general contractor (All-Ways Contractors) and their subcontractor (UPI). UPI will be undertaking the water main installation activities while All-Ways will perform the storm sewer work. The contractors intend to work in sections on Regent Road with the first section to be reconstructed between Bradley and Willow then proceeding to the section between Dean and Spooner and then completing with the area between Willow and Spooner. Water main and storm sewer work will continue through early to mid-August and paving and landscape restoration activities will occur in mid to late-August.
Activities on Goodrich Lane will be completed between late July and mid-August. Storm sewer and water main activities will also commence on Santa Monica in early July and continue through early to mid-August. Like Regent, landscape restoration and paving activities will occur in mid to late-August.
More information about the project and the schedule is included in the Public Information Meeting presentation slides. A copy of the drawings is also included. Please note that, once construction starts, our consultant will prepare weekly updates that will be uploaded to the Village website. These updates will briefly describe the prior week’s activities as well as the activities planned for the following week. Please refer to the updates on a regular basis to stay informed.
Questions regarding the project can be directed to Scott Brandmeier, Director of Public Works, at email@example.com or you can reach him at 414-351-8900, ext. 6624.
As always and during any construction project, Village staff extends its thanks and appreciation for your patience as we strive to improve the infrastructure through these capital improvement projects.