The Fox Point Police Department has a long history of holding its personnel to a higher professional standard. This level of service has become the expected norm for our visitors and residents, along with a goal for officers each and every day when they are serving the community. In order to maintain these standards, we utilize detailed operational directives, outside professional review and certification, internal professional standards reviews, and, most importantly, feedback from the people we serve. Without our community partners, we could not create a safe environment for people to live, visit and enjoy recreationally.
We encourage your feedback as we strive to maintain our high standards, and welcome your recommendations about the service we provide, your commendations of police employee performance, or your complaints about the actions of any department member. Feedback to the department can be delivered as a compliment, concern, or complaint; all of which are an important tool for the departments growth and development. Please review the sections below for the methods available to provide feedback for the department.
Fox Point Police Department personnel strive to provide the highest level of professional police services to the public. In addition to responding to calls for service, officers work to develop relationships and serve as a resource to the community. Feedback regarding their performance is beneficial for staff development and evaluation.
Members of the public who would like to provide a compliment or positive feedback related to an officers performance can complete the form below. The contents of the report will be shared with the staff member as well as the employees supervisor.
Fox Point Police Department personnel strive to provide the highest level of professional police services to the public. In addition to responding to calls for service, officers work to develop relationships with the community and serve as both a resource within the community and a protector. Feedback regarding their performance is beneficial for staff development and evaluation.
Occasionally a member of the public will encounter an officer performing their duties in a manner perceived as not meeting the expectations for the department or the community, but the incident does not rise to the level of concern for a complaint. This type of feedback helps the individual officer, as well as the department, understand how we can better serve the community.
Please complete the following form to share your feedback and concern. Citizen Feedback Form
The Fox Point Police Department and the Fox Point Board of Police Commissioners take citizen complaints seriously and will investigate each complaint to ensure the highest level of professional police services are being made available to the public. To maintain the integrity of a complaint and the associated investigation, the police commission has developed a formal complaint process.
As a member of the public, there are two options for filing a complaint;
1. As a member of the public, you can file an informal complaint with the Department, either in-person at the police department or by telephone.
- This type of complaint usually involves what may be perceived as a minor procedural violation or a professional conduct violation.
- The complaint will be presented to the on-duty supervisor, who will work with you as the complainant to identify the specifics of the incident and attempt to resolve the matter.
- If the resolution is satisfactory to the member of the public, no further investigation may occur and the informal complaint will be documented by the supervisor. However, the supervisor may identify additional violations of rules or policy based on the report provided, and may escalate the investigation for further formal review.
2. A member of the public may also file a formal complaint with the Department. This type of complaint must be filed in writing, as outlined by the Board of Police Commissioners.
- The complaint procedure and form is available at the police department, the village hall, or through this link.