WASTE & RECYCLING COLLECTION INFORMATION
Garbage is collected once a week (Monday-Thursday) at each residence. To ensure pick up, all garbage must be placed outside of your garage by 7 am on your pick up day.
Recyclables are collected once a week (Monday-Thursday) at each residence. To ensure pick up, all recyclables must be placed outside of your garage by 7 am on your pick up day (same day as garbage pick up). Recyclables are collected by Waste Management.
- View the 2021 Holiday Garbage & Recycling Schedule.
- View the Garbage Collection Route Map.
- View the Garbage, Recyclable, Yard Waste, & Tree Removal fact sheet for information about what we do and do not accept and where to dispose of miscellaneous waste.
- Garbage not picked up? Fill out the Missed Garbage or Recycling form or call Mike Krueger at (414) 247-6633.
- Recycling not picked up? Fill out the above form or contact Waste Management Directly at (888) 960-0008.
Leaf & Yard Waste Collection
Yard waste is collected throughout the year. To be collected, yard waste should be placed by the roadside in a container that can be emptied or in sturdy paper bags.
Acceptable yard waste includes:
- Green plants
- Small branches and twigs
- We do not accept grass clippings.
Fall Yard Waste
The months of October and November are considered loose leaf collection months, meaning that it is not necessary to bag your leaves. Simply put them at the roadside to be collected.
Leaf piles should be placed between the bottom of the ditch and the edge of the asphalt pavement away from sign posts, mailboxes, and fire hydrants.
Residents that have piles placed on the roadway, including by a contractor, may be subject to a $164 fine.
Disposing of Appliances, White Goods, Computers, & Other Electronics
Do you have old appliances and/or electronics no longer needed? You can dispose of these at a variety of companies within the area. The Village does not accept these items and cannot dispose of them for you.
Appliances and White Goods
- Includes washers, dryers, refrigerators, dehumidifiers, etc.
- Contact 1-800-GOT-JUNK? or The Junkshuttle.
Computers & Other Electronics
Household Hazardous Waste
Certain household hazardous waste items cannot be discarded with your weekly garbage and are not eligible for special pick ups. You can drop your hazardous waste at a Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District (MMSD) collection center. Visit the MMSD Home Hazmat Collection website for more information.
Household hazardous waste includes, but is not limited to:
- Transmission fluids
- Paints & paint thinners
- Drain cleaners & other chemicals