Become an Election Inspector (Poll Worker)
The Village of Fox Point encourages all citizens to vote and become involved in the election process. Election Inspectors facilitate the right to vote and are essential to conduct open, accurate and fair elections. We are looking for dedicated, detailed-oriented citizens for upcoming elections.
What do Election Inspectors do?
- organize the polling place before the polls open
- register voters and issue ballots to registered voters
- provide instructions and assistance to voters
- explain use of the voting equipment
- assemble returns and close the polling place
What are the hours of work?
- Polling places are open from 7 a.m. until 8 p.m. Election Inspectors work either a half day or full day depending on the availability of workers. A full day is from 6:30 a.m. until close, typically 9:30 p.m. but varies depending on the election. Breaks and lunch/dinner hours are allowed and determined by the Chief Election Inspectors.
Are Election Inspectors compensated?
Yes, inspectors are currently paid $7.25 an hour to attend training and for Election Day.
What are the training requirements?
Training sessions are required by state law and are provided by the Village Clerk. The training provides the necessary information and knowledge to be a successful Election Inspector.
How to become an Election Inspector?
If you are interested in serving as an Election Inspector in the Village of Fox Point during the 2018-2019 election schedule term, please complete an application form (PDF).
Please contact Village Clerk/Treasurer, Kelly Meyer or Deputy Clerk, email Jeanne O'Brien, or call at 414-247-6628, or stop in at Village Hall.
Thank you for your interest in serving as an Election Inspector in Fox Point.