- Absentee (Early) Voting
Any qualified elector who is unable or unwilling to appear at the polling place on election day may request to vote an absentee ballot. A qualified elector is any U.S. citizen, who will be 18 years of age or older on election day, who has resided in the ward of the municipality where he or she wishes to vote for at least 28 consecutive days before the election. The elector must also be registered in order to receive an absentee ballot.
For federal elections, absentee ballots will be in the mail beginning 47 days before the election. For elections that do not include federal offices, absentee ballots will be in the mail beginning three weeks before Election Day. All absentee ballots are sent to the polls to be counted on Election Day.
Voters may verify their registration, polling place, sample ballot, and absentee ballot status at My Vote Wisconsin.
See website home page for in person absentee voting dates and times under legal notices, Type E, Notice of Voting by Absentee Ballot or click the link below.
Ballot Box and Abs Ballot Return Elector Notice, February 2023 (PDF)
In-Person Absentee Hours (Early Voting) - April 2023 (PDF)
Notice of Curbside Voting April 4, 2023 (PDF)
- Application for an absentee ballot can be found at Wisconsin Election Commission, Absentee Ballot (PDF)
Requesting an Absentee Ballot by Mail
Request an absentee ballot from My Vote Wisconsin, Vote Absentee. You may send a written request that must include:
- Voter Name
- Registered Village of Fox Point Address
- Complete address to which the ballot should be mailed
- Voters Signature
- Photocopy of the Voters valid Photo ID, if not already on file in Clerk’s Office
Mail the request to:
Village of Fox Point
7200 North Santa Monica Boulevard
Fox Point, WI 53217
Alternatively, email the request to the Deputy Clerk or fax 414-351-8909. Any questions, please call 414-351-8900.
Ballots will be mailed out through the Thursday (5 p.m.) before the election. Absentee ballots must be returned to the Clerk’s Office in time for delivery to the polls on Election Day.
In-Person (See In Person Absentee Voting on Front Page of Website for Times and Dates or click below)
You can also personally go to the Clerk’s Office and vote an absentee ballot during the hours specified for casting an absentee ballot. Absentee voting locations and hours are established at least two weeks before absentee voting begins for an election. Absentee hours for the February 15 Spring Primary Election can be found here.
Special Absentee Provisions
Special absentee voting application provisions apply to electors who are indefinitely confined to home or a care facility, in the military, hospitalized, overseas, or serving as a sequestered juror. Please contact the Village Clerk.
Absentee Ballot Deadlines
- The deadline for making applications to vote absentee by mail is 5 p.m. on the 5th day prior to the election.
- The Municipal Clerk will deliver voted absentee ballots returned by the elector to the correct poll location; method for a voter to return absentee ballot is either by mail or personally deliver to the clerk in the clerk’s office no later than 4:00 p.m. (regular Village Hall Office Hours) on Election Day. This gives the clerk time to secure the ballot and deliver the absentee ballot to the proper poll location. Absentee ballots are NOT PERMITTED to be returned to the poll location on election day. Note: One exception is a personal agent returning an absentee ballot for a hospitalized elector at his/her designated poll location on the date of the election [Wis Stat. §6.86 (3) (c)].