You must be registered in the Village of Fox Point to be eligible to vote in any election in the Village.
New Residents, Address Changes, & Name Changes
- If you moved into the Village from another municipality (whether from Wisconsin or out of state) you will need to register to vote.
- If you have moved within the Village limits, you will need to re-register to vote.
- If you have changed your name, you will need to re-register to vote.
- Voter Registration Application can be found at Wisconsin Elections Commission, Registration Form (PDF)
Registration Prior to Election Day
- Online - Eligible Wisconsin Voters who have a current and valid Wisconsin Driver License or Wisconsin State ID Card can now register completely online! If your name, date of birth, Wisconsin Driver License or State ID number, and address all match the information on file with the Wisconsin Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), you will no longer need to mail or deliver your registration form!
- If your information is current with Wisconsin DMV, you can start a new voter registration, update the name on your voter registration, or update your address for voting purposes. If your information with Wisconsin DMV is not current, you will first need to update your information with the Wisconsin DMV before you register to vote online. You can update your address online with Wisconsin DMV at Wisconsin Department of Transportation, Change Residence Address. If you need to update your name with the Wisconsin DMV, you will need to appear in-person at a Wisconsin DMV office. Learn more about updating your name here Wisconsin Department of Transportation, Name Change
- If we are unable to match your voter information with Wisconsin DMV, or if you do not have a current Wisconsin Driver License or Wisconsin State ID card you will still be able to use MyVote to start your voter registration. You will be able to complete your registration form on this site, then you will need to print, sign, and mail or deliver your form to your municipal clerk along with a proof of residence document. Detailed instructions on completing this process will be provided.
Get started with your Wisconsin voter registration!
- By Mail - You may download the Voter Registration Application at Wisconsin Elections Commission (PDF). You will need to complete the application, print it, sign it, and return it along with a copy of your Proof of Residence to Village Hall.
- In Person - During open registration, you may come to the Clerk’s Office Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. or Friday from 8 a.m. to Noon. You will need to bring proof of residence with you. You may download the Voter Registration Application from Wisconsin Election Commission, Registration Form (PDF) and bring it with you or you may fill one out in the Clerk’s Office.
Registration on Election Day
- Registering prior to Election Day is highly recommended to avoid lines. However, you may register to vote at your poling location.
- You will need to bring acceptable proof of residence with you. Information on polling locations can be found at the My Vote Wisconsin, Find My Polling Place.
- Mailed registrations must be postmarked no later than 20 days (3rd Wednesday) before Election Day.
- Registrations in the Clerk’s Office must be submitted by the voter no later than 5 p.m. on the Friday before Election Day.
- Election Day Registrations must happen at the polls between the hours of 7 a.m. and 8 p.m.
Acceptable Proof of Residence
The document provided must contain a current and complete first and last name and residential address and must be valid on the day used to register to vote. Acceptable Documents are limited to:
- A current and valid Wisconsin driver’s license / Identification (ID) card
- Any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit
- An employee ID card with a photograph of the cardholder, but not a business card
- A real property tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election
- A residential lease (Does not count as proof of residence if election submits form by MAIL)
- A picture ID from a university, college or technical college coupled with a fee receipt
- A picture ID from a university, college or technical college coupled with an on-campus housing listing provided by the university, college or technical college to the municipality that denotes US Citizenship
- A utility bill for the period commencing not earlier than 90 days before the day registration is made
- A bank statement, checking or savings ONLY
- A paycheck
- A check or other document issued by a unit of government
- A credit card statement with an account number listed